Exciting opportunity to join a talented team of business analysts within an organization celebrating 30 years of excellence.
We are looking for a candidate to make significant contributions to the development of our customized software application and to service delivery to our valued clients. The position is responsible to provide a proactive interface between the internal technical staff and the clients to ensure effective definition and delivery of business applications.
This includes various stages of development and production support of business systems from requirement interpretation and specification definition to quality assurance and problem resolution. Members of this team are involved with a broad scope of the SDLC and are visible internally and externally. This role is expected to promote company values and may participate in off-hours beeper support rotation.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, documenting business requirements and data.
- Knowledge of life insurance products, systems, and administration.
- Knowledge of software testing, testing methodologies and disciplines.
- Ability to work within both Windows and Linux, using a command line interface in a shell environment.
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiar with Data Warehousing concepts.
- Familiar with Crystal Reports.
General knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong values, highest degree of personal integrity.
- Ability to think analytically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to support customers with quality service.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet the changing needs and demands of internal and external clients.
- Understands quality standards for own work, detail-oriented.
- General understanding of Project Management practices and methodologies.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Works effectively with others, treats others with courtesy and respect, team player.
- Ability to work with independently with limited supervision.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of business systems analysis or similar work experience within the life insurance industry.
- Experience with insurance policy administration systems, processes, and procedures.