Hours: 2:30pm – 11:00pm, Mon – Fri.
The Client Processing Specialist is responsible for issuing commands in an administration system in order to run the lengthy financial cycles that must be completed after the business day closes out. He/she will monitor the progress of the cycle, and work with both client and internal teams to provide resolution to system operations issues if needed.
- Processes complex changes to existing policies and enter new policy information.
- Compiles, computes, quality checks, and electronically transfers life insurance policy values.
- Processes, researches, and resolves complex problems related to various applications.
- Verifies premiums, commission payments, and policy values as reported on Andesa system.
- Interprets policy provisions to determine methods to and impacts of desired changes.
- Systematically analyzes policy transactions and corrects company records to adjust errors.
- Examines electronic transactions for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses various systems to compute taxes, premiums, commissions, payments, and policy values.
- Records values for preparation of correspondence and reports to insurance clients.
- Analyzes, researches, and resolves business and/or system operations issues.
- Answers incoming questions and requests.
- Creates and processes work transactions using knowledge of plans, products, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to work within both Windows and a command line interface and across multiple applications.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents and instructions such as procedural manuals.
- Experience quality checking own work and work of others; detail-oriented.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Highly proficient in a complex back-end computer operations processing environment.
- Bachelor degree preferred or minimum of one (1) year applicable experience.
- An understanding of life insurance; including products, systems, and administration preferred.