Leading provider of specialty cloud services to the life insurance industry is looking for talented Senior System Engineer interested in contributing to our team in Sarasota, Florida. You will have an opportunity to design, develop, enhance and maintain complex business software solutions. Other responsibilities include implementing major enhancements, refactoring code and contributing to code reviews when needed.
- Extensive knowledge of: Java, PL/SQL.
- Strong understanding of Software Engineering principles and reliable development methods.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Experience with source code control tools (especially Subversion).
- Proficiency in understanding and working with large, complex enterprise systems.
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with algorithm design and analysis including performance improvements.
- Familiar with Design Patterns.
- Familiar with Object Oriented analysis, design, programming, and debugging.
- Familiar with unit testing practices and using tools such as JUnit.
- Familiar with use of profiling tools for execution/performance analysis
- Familiarity with Java IDEs especially Eclipse
- Web services experience with SOAP and REST a plus.
- Familiarity with IIS, Tomcat, and JBoss a plus
- Familiarity with Business Objects Enterprise, Crystal Reports a plus.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor/technical degree in Computer Science related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated strength in software algorithms. Industry designation preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in software design and development and three (3) years of Java experience.
SO WHY JOIN ANDESA?
Andesa Services is a growing organization with over 30 years’ experience providing technology solutions and business services to the insurance industry including several Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for employees with strong values and a high degree of personal integrity.
We offer a well-rounded compensation package including:
– Fully paid Health Insurance (medical, prescription, dental, and vision)
– 401K with Company Match plus Profit Sharing
– Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan
– Generous Paid Time Off
– Wellness Expense Reimbursement
– Professional Development Expense Reimbursement
– Child Care Stipend
– Life and Disability Insurance
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
If this position sounds interesting and you have the skills we’re looking for, please send resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org .