Exciting opportunity to join a company working with clients in the Fortune 500 for over 30 years.
This supervisory position has overall accountability for daily financial functions of the organization; such as month-end close, accounts receivable, accounts payable, shareholder related transactions, and the payroll function.
- Meets accounting financial standards by assisting in the preparation of the annual budget; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Assign and audit the work of the accounting staff.
- Leads month-end and year-end closing process and consolidation through reporting.
- Supervises accounting procedures including the review and entry of journal entries in the General Ledger systems.
- Preparation and maintenance of schedules and recording of entries related to periodic Shareholder transactions.
- Ensures monthly account receivables billings are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for accounts payable process – approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers.
- Oversees bi-monthly payroll process.
- Supports annual financial statement audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Completes and coordinates Form 5500 and audit requirements for health and welfare plans.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Remain current on accounting regulation and updates and identify applicability to the Company.
- Maintains a client service approach by adhering to company values and complying with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the direction and supervision of accounting staff employees.
- Ensures that written performance evaluations of supervised employees are completed as required, provides continuous feedback on personnel performance issues, and takes immediate action to recognize achievements and address deficiencies or problems.
- Ensures accounting team receives appropriate training opportunities.
- Develops and implements operational efficiencies in the accounting operation.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Basic accounting and general ledger knowledge.
- Experience in working with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Tool Suite.
- Skilled at working with confidential and mission-critical information.
- Ability to prepare financial models with information and direction provided.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to create and maintain Policy and Procedures documentation within the accounting department.
- Strong values, highest degree of personal integrity.
- Performs duties with a customer-service mindset.
- Establishes high quality standards for own work; detail-oriented.
- Ability to think analytically about problems assigned or encountered.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Required Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- At least 5 years’ experience as accountant or financial analyst
- Graduate degree or advanced certification preferred.