Opportunity to join a small business critical computer operations team in an organization celebrating 30 years of excellence.
This position is responsible for initiating and monitoring nightly computer batch cycles in a manner which ensures all financial cycle processing requirements are met and service level agreements are upheld. This position also performs a variety of administrative duties such as compiling reports, record keeping, and copying and mailing. Core hours are 6pm-2am, Monday – Friday.
- Processes a variety of computer operation tasks, including converting automated feed files, using a life insurance policy administration system.
- Analyzes, researches, and resolves business and/or system operations issues related to various computer system applications. Updates issue tracking system.
- Uses various systems to compute taxes, premiums, commissions, payments, and policy values. Records values for preparation of correspondence and reports to insurance clients.
- Prepares, issues, and sends premium notices, policies, confirmations, and statements.
- Systematically analyzes policy transactions and corrects records to adjust errors.
- Always focuses on customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency.
- Exercises initiative, independent judgment, knowledge of system and understanding of life insurance products to solve problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions, tasks, and actions which could have significant impact on results or other activities.
- Proficient in a back-end computer operations processing environment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and execute complex documents and instructions such as procedural manuals.
- Ability to work within both Windows and a command line interface and across multiple applications.
- Experience quality checking own work and work of others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively use enterprise email system.
- Familiar with life insurance industry and general policy concepts.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least 2 years experience working within a computer operations or data processing environment preferred.