Exciting opportunity to join a small, talented, successful systems development team within an organization celebrating 30 years of excellence.
This position is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing a complex financial software application, paying attention to the reliability and scalability of the architecture. Responsibilities across the full software development cycle include performing production design, bug verification, and beta support which may require research and analysis in conjunction with keeping up on current industry trends in software.
- Solid understanding of object oriented design principles including UML
- Java development including multithreaded, JDBC, servlets, JSP, RMI, JMS, EJB
- Java performance profiling
- Experience developing Oracle functions and procedures
- Experience in web design, HTML and Java Script
- Knowledge of XML
- Ability to extend existing object models when appropriate and create new models when necessary
- Detailed experience with documentation of and adherence to technical standards within a software development environment
- Familiar with life insurance or variable annuity policy concepts
- Experience with life insurance illustration and plan administration systems
General knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong values, highest degree of personal integrity.
- Ability to think analytically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to support customers with quality service.
- Adjusts and is flexible to meet the changing needs and demands of internal and external clients.
- Understands quality standards for own work, detail-oriented.
- General understanding of Project Management practices and methodologies.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Works effectively with others, treats others with courtesy and respect, team player.
- Ability to work with independently with limited supervision.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor or technical degree in Computer Science related discipline or equivalent experience; Masters degree preferred.
- At least 7 years software development experience.
- Programming certification preferred.