This position will be responsible for the overall management of all Allentown office application teams including day-to-day production support and ongoing development and maintenance projects for external and internal clients.
- Plan and coordinate complex technology projects required for current and future business operations.
- Directly supervises three (3) application development supervisors.
- Provide overall management and administration for a 35+ member application team.
- Align application with long-term interoperability within the system.
- Enforce development standards to the benefit of the organization and clients.
- Deliver development projects on-time and within acceptable cost guidelines and priorities.
- Maintains a client service approach by adhering to company values.
- Has the authority to hire or fire, or make suggestions or recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other changes of status given particular weight.
- Seasoned technical management experience across multiple and diverse teams.
- Proven ability to build and maintain long-term corporate-to-corporate relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead software development and maintenance projects of all sizes.
- Skilled at working with mission-critical information and system applications.
- Solid understanding of Project Management practices and methodologies.
- Ability to lead SDLC practices and methodologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing diverse teams of 10 to 35+ IT professionals
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of business systems analysis, technical project management, or similar work experience within the life insurance industry.
We offer a well-rounded compensation package including:
- Fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401K with match plus Profit Sharing
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Professional Development Reimbursement
- Generous paid time-off policy